Greek, great model
Foot of a lamp. Proof in terracotta.
Bears the square stamp M.Z. (of the terracotta practitioner) inside the base.Monogrammed and numbered AG O2 under the base, by the Giacometti foundation.
Designed and made in 1936-1937.
Height : 44 cm.
(Restoration to the base)
A certificate from the Giacometti Committee will be given to the buyer.
This work is referenced by the Alberto and Annette Giacometti Foundation in its online Alberto Giacometti Database (AGD).
From 1930 onwards, Alberto Giacometti made several decorative objects for Jean-Michel Frank. Little by little, they became an essential part of Jean-Michel Frank's decorations.
In particular, he created models of lighting fixtures, made of bronze, alabaster, white, patinated or tinted plaster, natural or enamelled terracotta.
- Pierre-Emmanuel Martin-Vivier, "Jean-Michel Frank", Éditions Norma, Paris, 2006. Identical models, in different materials, reproduced on pages 44, 149, 191 and 346.
- Art et Industrie", November 1945. Identical model (in plaster), appearing in the living room of Mr. Jorge Born, reproduced on page 19 in an article devoted to the Work of Jean-Michel Frank.
- Art et Décoration", 1st quarter 1939. Identical model (in plaster), appearing in the living room of Mr. Raymond Patenôtre's villa in Nice, reproduced on page 6 in an article signed by Roger Lannes and entitled L'exégèse poétique de Jean-Michel Frank.
- Christian Boutonnet and Rafael Ortiz, "Diego Giacometti", Les Éditions de l'Amateur/Galerie L'Arc-en-Seine, Paris, 2003. Identical models, in different materials, reproduced on pages 31 and 44.
- Léopold Diego Sanchez, "Jean-Michel Frank", Les Éditions du Regard, Paris, 1980. Identical model reproduced on page 161.